Ok, The Lord has recently been showing me that there is an idea that the body of Christ might have overlooked. I am going to talk a little about that.
The idea as I understand it and have heard it referred to!
The Idea: everywhere I set myself to go in my life I am going to take it because the lord promised that everywhere the soul of my foot treads God will give to me.
(Or various variations on the theme!)
The idea being that God will bless your efforts in just about all areas except flagrant sin. We often apply ideas like this to things that we want to do. The idea of getting God to bless our efforts is a very popular idea. We quote faith scriptures like Mark 11:24 and so on when we are believing for God’s blessing.
I’m actually not knocking it. I have done the same thing.
But there is something we need to consider.
Lets look at a few scriptures that regard what I’m referring to…
“Every place on which the sole of your foot treads shall be yours: from the wilderness and Lebanon, from the river, the River Euphrates, even to the Western Sea, shall be your territory.
When it comes to the bible I am real big on punctuation and other stuff. Stuff like verb usage and the way words are used in the context. It’s an amazing idea to get into that stuff. It gives you an entire new look at old scriptures.
Here, in Deut 11:2, We tend to quote: “Everyplace on which the sole of your foot treads shall be yours…”
This is real big when churches are building a new building or expanding. I have actually been a part of a prayer walk that we walked around an area that we wanted to see get touched by God and claimed that scripture.
We didn’t know what we were doing.
You see the second half of that verse Deut 11:24 gives a very defined territory that Isreal is going to take.
In genesis 12:1, 5,
Now the LORD had said to Abram: “Get out of your country, From your family And from your father’s house, To a land that I will show you. …
5. Then Abram took Sarai his wife and Lot his brother’s son, and all their possessions that they had gathered, and the people whom they had acquired in Haran, and they departed to go to the land of Canaan. So they came to the land of Canaan.
6. Abram passed through the land to the place of Shechem, as far as the terebinth tree of Moreh. And the Canaanites were then in the land.
7. Then the LORD appeared to Abram and said, “To your descendants I will give this land.” And there he built an altar to the LORD, who had appeared to him.
- God here promises Abram a land that he will show, (A very specific territory.
Again back in Deut: 11:11, 12, 22, 23
11) “but the land which you cross over to possess is a land of hills and valleys, which drinks water from the rain of heaven,
12) “a land for which the LORD your God cares; the eyes of the LORD your God are always on it, from the beginning of the year to the very end of the year.
22) “For if you carefully keep all these commandments which I command you to do—to love the LORD your God, to walk in all His ways, and to hold fast to Him—
23) “then the LORD will drive out all these nations from before you, and you will dispossess greater and mightier nations than yourselves.
In-between these verses are the reasons to follow Gods way and keep him close. It is summed up in verse 22 so I mashed it.
The idea of driving out mightier nations than yourself is an awesome promise. But Israel just couldn’t go anywhere and do that. They had a very defined territory.
We today have a very defined territory for this idea.
Mark 16: 15- 18 & 20: 15. And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. 16) “He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. 17) “And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; 18) “they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”
& 20) And they went out and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them and confirming the word through the accompanying signs. Amen.
Here we see there is a very defined promise of action and God backing up his word. He gives a very specific area of domain that we are to operate in. he did the same in the garden.
He gave Adam and Eve a very specific area of dominion. Now Adam sold it out of course but, it was still a very specific area of dominion.
It is awesome to realize that in the areas that God has predefined as an area of complete victory we can actually have complete victory.
Oh get this get this get this.
He didn’t say the ministers go out and do this. The ministers are there for the equipping of the saints for the work of the ministry for the edifying of the body of Christ (Eph 4:2)
All of us are the saints Paul refers to.
We can have absolute certainty based on operating in this area of predefined authority that God will BACK US UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!